I was born in MA, grew up in the Bay Area CA, spent 8 years in Boston MA, and now I live in SF.
I paint and make sculptural installations. I am the Assistant Manager at the Artist & Craftsman in SF.
1. What is your earliest “artistic” memory?
My mom showing me how to do a cool art project.
2. What are three words that best describe your artwork?
Colorful, biomorphic, inviting.
3. What inspires you to create?
Moments that make me want to keep living, usually good friends, momentous occasions, and visual stimulation.
4. What is your main goal in life?
To feel successful.
5. Name something you love.
Mixing paint into beautiful colors.
6. What makes you angry?
People who don't enjoy the moment.
7. What is your dream project?
A large scale installation.
Pandora. Today is The Black Keys Radio, with added variety of .
9. If you were a cocktail on a drink menu at a bar, what would your name be?
Spicy and Sophisticated.
10. If you could collaborate with any other artist [living or dead], who would it be and why?
The artists in this project!
11. What is the best bit of advice that you have ever been given?
If it's bad advice, you don't have to take it.
Remember to have fun.