6.06.2011

Panel #2- Gilbert Goodwin of Reno, NV


Hello friends!

My name is Elrod. You might remember me from previous postings such as the ones I posted OVER A MONTH AGO. Holy Cripes! My deepest apologies to all of my collaborators who have continued to work hard and keep creating beautiful pieces of art while I got distracted for a hot minute there.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME.

Today we're going to catch up on long lost panel #2! Last time we saw her, she just left the hands of photographer David Rogers in Provo, Utah, and from there she traveled across the state and over to the biggest little city in the world, Reno! Out there, the panel made good friends with an inspiring word smith and experimental artist by the name of Gilbert Goodwin. Between his kills with rhymes, his tricks on his skateboard, and his talent with a brush, Gilbert is basically a walking piece of art. He was more than excited when he found out about this project and it thrills me to see him creating visual art again. Let's do this thing!


My name is Gilbert Goodwin. I am originally from Riverside ca. Now residing in reno nevada.
I mostly skate, make music and try to be an artist in my own way. I guess I chill too.

What is your earliest “artistic” memory?

Making a paper machete face when I was in school real early I used pencil sharperner shavings as eyes
everybody thought that was cool. That and ninja turtles, I was always getting down on those!

What are three words that best describe your artwork

Simple. Complex. Cool.

What inspires you?

Life insipires me. All things.

What is your goal in life?

To be happy, for sure .

Name something you love, and why.

My skateboard- Its my escape.

What makes you angry?

Anger and hate take up too much energy wheres the love?

What was your favorite toy as a kid?

Ninja turtles and fireworks, hands down.

What is your favorite toy now?

My tye dye beer cozy!

What is your “dream” art project?

To buy a house and put a mini ramp next to the bbq.

What have you been listening too while you’ve been working on your art[recently]?

Alot of everything: Sabbath, Biggie, my own stuff, Alot of instrumental love music. Night Nurse.

If you were a cocktail on a drink menu at a bar, what would your name be?

Miller High Gump. The pinnacle of beers.

If you could go back in time and talk to “8 year old YOU”, what would you say to her/him?

Dont steal that car in 9th grade!! haha just kidding. I dont know really, no regrets. Invest!

If you could collaborate with any other artist [living or dead], who would it be and why?

Richie Valens or Jim Corce. I grew up with my dad playing their music on the guitar and I've
always loved there music. It seems like they both got taken out in their prime. Just to sit in on a session
would have been awesome.

What is the best bit of advice that you have ever been given?

Un dia a la ves mi cristo!

If you had a chance to say one sentence for the whole world to hear, what would you say?

LIVE 4 DIE 4!!

Thank you Gumpilla the Killa! you work is tight and it's a treat to have you bestow your talents upon us. Keep doing your thing and SK8 or DIE!!!

Mileage- From Provo UT to Reno NV- 579.84, and a total of 1978.85 [from original starting point of Chicago, IL]. Next up on the bill for this panel is Kim Webster of Sacramento CA. Get a sneak peek at her skills on her website here!

Get ready because you're all getting updated on a new artist EVERY DAY until I catch up with this beast, cool?

Peace,

ELROD

No comments:

Post a Comment